Monday, August 25, 2014

BGC#57 - Watercolor challenge Karen

BGC#57 - Watercolor challenge Karen


Hello my crafty friends!!  Glad to be back with another challenge!!  My team members have been crankin out some truly BEAUTIFUL watercolor projects!!!  I have also been loving all of your entries!! 
My 3 daughters all work with watercolors!!  I start all of my children off with this medium!  It is so enjoyable and easy to use!!  I can't wait to see what each of you comes up with!
Have fun, Karen 

Challenge Guidelines : 


Make a card , LO or a 3D project (strictly paper crafts )

You must use Watercolors in the project ! 

Go CAS, fully layered, color an image or create a completely new design of your own with watercolors! Just have fun. ... with watercolors! 

Dates :  16th Aug - 31st Aug.


Here is where I started......
I started with a sheet of watercolor paper.  I had intended to make a card but it turned into a mini album.  I had some of the gorgeous new Heidi Swapp cards that have the watercolor look and I wanted to include those.  My watercolors were rather shabby since it appeared that one or more of my children got into them. Oppps......thats a no-no!  I decided to try my gelatos. 

They make beautiful vibrant watercolors!  They can be used so many ways but I put down water on my mat then rubbed in a little color to make my watercolors.




I used the watercolor sheet as the cover and painted a soft version of the colors from blue to yellow. I used a digi image that I found and used my copics to color it ( second image I have colored so I'm still learning) It looks a lot like my oldest daughter and her beau.  So this turned into a book for her to put their pics in!! Hence the miss-mosh of style and papers because that's how she likes it!!



Here are some of the inside pages.



I used of the project life cards for hidden journaling and a few in pockets for photo mats.


I used the same watercolors on some of the embellishments.


Thanks for looking! Keep those watercolor creations coming!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow ! Wonderful ,I loved the coloring ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the coloured image and love that gorgeous white lace with flowers. its sooo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. people i have a blog giveaway going on in my blog, do check it out. http://craftingwithpassion.blogspot.in/2014/08/yippee-blog-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely BG using Gelatos!!!
    Gorgeous coloured image and your mini album is very wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Karen!!! Love your mini album, watercolored background and embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful !!!! such a beautiful mini !!! Karen you always do some great albums !
    Love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so beautiful, Karen! I like colours which you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou!! Appreciate your comments!

Popular Posts