Sunday, August 31, 2014

BGC#57 - Water colouring with Jovita

Here i am on the last day of the challenge sharing with you all an inspiration for the watercolouring challenge.

Recently I took the Online Card Class and this is a technique I learnt there... Its Freehand water colouring.

Since I did not have the best set of water colors I have used my Staedtler Water colour pencils and brush to make this card. The main colors are used from this set.


I just roughly drew the boxes with a pencil. Then I colored the boxes with my water color pencils and blended the colors with a brush and water. 


After it dried i used my permanent black marker to outline the boxes and draw the bows. 


Next i used my Signo White Pen to give the detailing such as the circles on the purple box and the dots on the blue box. A touch of glitter to give the 3D pop. 


The sentiment from Hero Arts just fit perfect for this card. 
Watercolors gives that imperfect yet natural look to any project . A must try for all crafters. 

I myself am wanting to try out so many other combinations of techniques in watercolouring.

Do try it and join in the Challenge here



3 comments:

Thankyou!! Appreciate your comments!

Popular Posts