Hello my dear friends !
I just got back from my 3 week vacation and i'm feeling refreshed !
Meanwhile the girls here at BGC were busy creating some really good projects for you
according to the challenge theme thats been running all JUNE !
So now u know the rules but let me just repeat theme again
Challenge duration- 1st june to 30th june (Full Month)
- Make any project that fits into the 3 categories below
1. Cards ONLY
2. Layouts ONLY
3. Everything else - 3D crafts, Popup boxes , Altered art , mixed media , Canvas , Hangings etc. Anything paper crafts.
- You must have visible Misting on the face of your project - Any kind of misting will do for example - Using mists like Lindy's stamp gang or color bloom by prima etc, Making a splatter with a paint brush , Using a tooth brush with water colors to create a nice misting on your project.
- Your project must show Stamping on Fabric ! Its time to pick and experiment with any type of fabric and see how your stamps work on them. !
Simple enough !
Please note that we reserve rights to disqualify any entry that doesn't follow the rules .
Ok with all that understood ! Lets move on to my project.
I went for 3. Everything else category
And altered a medicine box.
This is how the box looked before.
And this is how it turned out !
- I started by pasting some text scripted paper on the sides of the box.
Which you can see perfectly in the above picture.
- I then made a mixture of 1 part white glue with 1/2 part water and mixed it well .
- I used this mixture for sticking tissue on the top of my box. This gave me some real good texture to play with.
- After all the tissue sticking i let it dry for about 2hrs .
- Once dry i misted my textured surface with mists . (Lindy's stamp gang and cosmic shimmer.) That gave me my background to work on.
- I then used this nice and slightly shimmery fabric piece in rectangle to stamp my sentiment. Here is a TIP- when working with loosely woven fabrics like what i used ,keep a crisp piece of paper underneath before you stamp. This should give you a good image.
- The fabric piece looks a little lifted due to the texture beneath it. It is stuck in place with Glue dots as foam dots would have showed from underneath.
- I then embellished my box with flowers , die cuts , distressed mesh cloth ,and some metal embellishments.
Here is a closer look at the flowers !
I made all of them myself except the peach and the baby pink rose .
Hope that you enjoyed my post and you are inspired to join us in this challenge .
If so then just pick a category and jump in !!
you can link your challenge entry HERE