Hi there! Happy weekend, readers!
Its PJ again this side.
Thank you so much for joining us last fortnight !
We loved to see your gorgeous non traditional love project colour combinations !
Also the voting is now OPEN for you over at the Feb-celebration-challenge
Knock your self's out !!!
Now time for the new challenge its
BGC#46 - Torn & Flower- full
I’m so pleased to bring you this lovely new challenge, let me walk you through the guidelines.
Challenge Specification : (Please read carefully)
- Make either a CARD , LAYOUT , ALBUM or a 3D BOX (even altered boxes will do)
- Your project must have some sort of TORN element on it (Use torn papers, Foil, or torn fabric etc. )
- And your project must have a floral spray or a flower arrangement as a focal point of the creation !
- Over all your project must look full and the attention should go first to the flower spay or floral arrangement.
- Adding One or two flowers will not make the cut this time.
- The torn element has to be clearly visible
- Deadline to submit will be - 15th March 2014 until 11:55 PM ISTI would love to welcome our returning sponsor
Magnolia stamp - Tilda catching stars
Excited much ??? I am already drooling over the prize !Its been a while that i have been trying to fix up something vintagey ,And when this theme came to my mind i decided to go for the Blue and brown combination !I really find it amazing :)Here is a closer look at the flower arrangement.Even with as little as 4 flowers you can do wonders ! you are free to use all shapes and sizes of flowers . Here my whole card is build around the flowers .Look at that embossing ! Its just fab isnt it ? I think every one should get their hands on theIts the one thing that can spice up any creation !And no i don't have the feather die , its all hand cut (Although that die is on my wish list.)Take a peak at the torn card stock ! i made it a whole new layer in blue.As u can guess i have refrained from using any pattern papers in this card(Believe me its very hard to do !!)I decided to make my own BG with this one.I first distressed my card with the shades of brown (toffee crunch and potters clay -Memento)Then stamped it with my La blanche stamp setI really love the music notes and the lady's portrait :)Then i went ahead and did the same with the torn piece .i think it looks kinda cool ! (Pun indented )There is also use of texture paste ! i distressed it lightly .Also the butterfly is a Pink paislee stamp which i colored with colour pencils.I love tucking in tiny pieces under my floral spray . Its a lovely trick to layer your embellishments !Hope u like my card and it helps you understand what we are looking for in this challenge.Keep your good work coming !
And dont forget to VOTE at the Feb-celebration-challenge for a chance to win some goodies !
Other Supplies :
- Card stock - Hobby craft
- Stamp sets - La Blanche & Pink paislee
- Memento ink pad - Toffee crunch & potters clay
- Distress ink pad - Broken china
- Flowers - Handmade
- Metal leaf charm - Local
- Seam binding - the ribbon reel
- cork sheet & foam sheet.
- tacky glue.