Good morning all my crafty friends! Hope this finds you all well!!
I love the creative nature of this challenge! My DT friends are so utterly talented!!
So here we go with this fun challenge!
----OH. Before I forget please check out our fabulous giveaway, there is still time to enter!! ----
Challenge Specification : (Please read carefully)
- Make either a LAYOUT or dimensional altered project .
- Your project must have some sort of Recycled dinnerware,e.g. beer bottle,mason jars , pans , spoons , treys, coffee mugs , tea cups , tea pots , plates, baking trey, cupcake tin etc. etc...sky is the limit,so keep thinking !
- And your project must be either Vintagy or Shabby Chic.
- Adding only cup/plate/spoon or any other utensils' diecuts or stamped images (without abiding Rule 1)will not make the cut this time.
- Deadline to submit will be - 31th March 2014 until 11:55 PM IST
We would love to welcome the Sponsor for our challenge :
Here is my mason jar. I use these for canning and storage. My favorite use for them is fresh flowers in the spring and summer months! My beautiful children share my love affair with flowers and will fill these from our yard daily. Since it sits in the center of our table I decided to make it lively as well.
I started with this plain jar and painted it using chalkboard paint. I did try acrylic but it was not good. It took two nice coats of this paint and it achieved the shabby feel I was going for. I then sanded the raised areas to allow light to shine thru. ( I thought it would be a candle holder, and it certainly could be!)
I handcut each of the flowers.
I wanted it to look nice from both sides so this is a shot of the back.
My pesky fur baby was determined to distract me while trying to get the photos. She, like my children, is very demanding when she wants attention.
Well I cant wait to see what everyone creates!! Remember to link up in Bipasha's original post HERE!
Have a great week!!
This is so gorgeous! Totally love those flowers and the pretty shabby colors you have used to alter this mason jar :)ReplyDelete
This is lovely karen and your l'le furry baby looks sòooo cute next to it!ReplyDelete
Wow ! This is very chic :D !ReplyDelete
Love this shabby chic project of urs, Karen...And of course...love ur posing furry cutie :)ReplyDelete
Its so very pretty Karen !! :)ReplyDelete