Sunday, June 29, 2014

BGC#53 - Stamping (On fabric) and misting with PJ

Hello my dear friends !
I just got back from my 3 week vacation and i'm feeling refreshed !
Meanwhile the girls here at BGC were busy creating some really good projects for you 
according to the challenge theme thats been running all JUNE ! 

So now u know the rules but let me just repeat theme again 


challenge guidelines: 


Challenge duration- 1st june to 30th june (Full Month)

  • Make any project that fits into the categories below

1. Cards ONLY

2. Layouts ONLY

3. Everything else - 3D crafts, Popup boxes , Altered art , mixed media , Canvas , Hangings etc. Anything paper crafts.

  • You must have visible Misting on the face of your project - Any kind of misting will do for example - Using mists like Lindy's stamp gang or color bloom by prima etc,  Making a splatter with a paint brush , Using a tooth brush with water colors to create a nice misting on your project. 
  • Your project must show Stamping on Fabric !  Its time to pick and experiment with any type of fabric and see how your stamps work on them. !
Simple enough !

Please note that we reserve rights to disqualify any entry that doesn't follow the rules .
Thank you


Ok with all that understood ! Lets move on to my project. 
I went for 3. Everything else category 
And altered a medicine box.  

This is how the box looked before.  

And this is how it turned out ! 

  •  I started by pasting some text scripted paper on the sides of the box. 

Which you can see perfectly in the above picture. 
  • I then made a mixture of 1 part white glue with 1/2 part water and mixed it well .
  • I used this mixture for sticking tissue on the top of my box. This gave me some real good texture to play with. 
  • After all the tissue sticking i let it dry for about 2hrs . 
  • Once dry i misted my textured surface with mists . (Lindy's stamp gang and cosmic shimmer.) That gave me my background to work on.


  •  I then used this nice and slightly shimmery fabric piece in rectangle to stamp my sentiment. Here is a TIP- when working with loosely woven fabrics like what i used ,keep a crisp piece of paper underneath before you stamp. This should give you a good image. 
  • The fabric piece looks a little lifted due to the texture beneath it. It is stuck in place with Glue dots as foam dots would have showed from underneath. 

  •  I then embellished my box with flowers , die cuts , distressed mesh cloth ,and some metal embellishments.

Here is a closer look at the flowers !
I made all of them myself except the peach and the baby pink rose . 

Hope that you enjoyed my post and you are inspired to join us in this challenge . 
If so then just pick a category and jump in !! 
you can link your challenge entry HERE

1 comment:

  1. Its Awesome..I loved the paper with text,misting and the blooms are BEAUTIFUL !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou!! Appreciate your comments!

Popular Posts