Hello beautiful crafty ladies (and handsome gents)..
I hope everyone is having a wonderful week
Thankyou so much for joining us with your fabulous creations in the previous challenge.
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again – we love you dear crafters , who work hard in making our challenges so successful and competitive each time and leave a tough job for us in selecting the winner ! So to express "our piece of gratefulness and love".............
there is a gorgeous give away for you all in the month of March,check the details here.
And ,today I, Bipasha will love to challenge you ingeniuos crafters with a new project for this fortnight..
BGC#48 - Vintage/Shabby and Dinnerware
Sounds exciting right? Let me walk you through the guidelines.
Challenge Specification : (Please read carefully)
- Make either a LAYOUT or dimensional altered project .
- Your project must have some sort of Recycled dinnerware,e.g. beer bottle,mason jars , pans , spoons , treys, coffee mugs , tea cups , tea pots , plates, baking trey, cupcake tin etc. etc...sky is the limit,so keep thinking !
- And your project must be either Vintagy or Shabby Chic.
- Adding only cup/plate/spoon or any other utensils' diecuts or stamped images (without abiding Rule 1)will not make the cut this time.
- Deadline to submit will be - 31th March 2014 until 11:55 PM IST
We would love to welcome the Sponsor for our challenge :
Here is my creation for the challenge and since its a long post, guys please bear with me .
(PICTURE HEAVY POST..please click on each to enlarge)
I altered a whiskey bottle ...yahh baby ! Jack Daniels it is ! :P ( Well, in case you are wondering.. "I am not an alcoholic..on a serious note,a little at times though :D " ,so this was collected from a friend's to-be-thrown junks :P ) . I incorporated my favourite vintage style with a little cottage shabby chic touch in the ice-cream spoon.
Before altering :
I distressed the edges of the spoon with walnut stain ink pad to give it some effect.
I added a layer of mod podge over the draped pp around the bottle and embellished them .
And voila.....turned the bottle into a message holder !!! Isn't it cute ?
I have recently become Prima-holic, purchased a whole lot of their flowers, paperpads ,so I ended up making a pretty box for the message holder. and It has got a smart pocket for tags too.
It turned out beautifully.What a great effect..looks vintage and worn, just how I love it! What do you think about it?
- Card stock - DIY shop collection paperpad and For the recorde 2
- Stamp sets - kaisercraft (decorative tape pieces)
- Versafine ink pad - black
- Distress ink pad - Walnut stain
- Distress stain - Vintage photo
- pendants and charms - Local store and crafterscorner
- Seam binding and twine - the ribbon reel
- Prima rose and iamroses
- mdf embellies
- hot gluegun
I hope you all have a wonderful crafty weekend.
Link your projects here. Please give a direct link to your post NOT your WHOLE BLOG ! If you do not have a blog , post your project photo on the BGC FB page !