Hello friends !
This month this about to end already !!!
How time is flying by ... Btw we are loving all the entries so far !
Gorgeous work everyone !
Hope you are enjoying all the DT inspirations as well .
As promised i am pleased to share my mixed media egg carton tute with you.
Here is how to start
- Start off by taking an egg carton it could be a 6 egg , 12 egg or a 15 egg one like i am using here.
- Tear off the labels , as much as you can .
- Use a 12x12 design paper for the next step.
- I am using this one that i have been hording for years ! Bought this from itsy bitsy and i thought it will be perfect for a spring project.
- Trim / cut the design paper according to the size of the lid.
- Line up the design paper at the front and keep in place with a paper clip
- Now open the box and mark the holes with a pencil from inside as shown above.
- Cut out an X shape in tiny pencil marks we created and stick them inwards to have clean holes.
- Now stick the rest of the sheet with adhesive.
- Make sure its aligned properly.
- Now add some gesso to the top.
- I am mostly covering the reds and blues in the pattern paper to bring out the green.
- Next take a big die cut piece and ink it in your color of choice.
- I have used spellbinders fleur de elegance die for the cut and used shabby shutters distress ink pad to ink the die cut.
- Over which spary some gold mist.
- I did spary some extra splash of water on top to make the ink react with it. Let this dry
- Now add some washi tape at places you think best.
- Time for some random stamping !
- Once the stamping is dry spray some mist .
- Since i have used and acrylic gesso my mist spray is not totally seeping into the paper (Which is what i was going for)
- Because now i can just tilt my box to create the drop effect !
- At this stage you can add more colors of mists or let this one dry .
- You can use a heat tool to dry the whole thing faster.
- Now time to layer things up !
- Next up comes another layer of die cut over which i will place my sentiment.
- Use dimentional foam dots to lift things off the base .
- Now you can finally layer all your embellishments as you please!
So hope that you liked my tips this month.
There are still a few days left to enter the Spring Green challenge !
Join us HERE