BGC#55 -Welcome HOME - Karen
Hello again my crafty friends!! Hope this finds everyone well. PJ has another great challenge for us!! I am loving all of the entries so far!! So I will share my project and then be sure to check out our generous sponsers and of course link up for a chance to win!!
- In this challenge we want to see the emphasis on the word "HOME"
- You can make Cards , 3d projects , canvases , or Layouts
- Your project must show a visible connection to the word HOME , it can be just the word HOMEwritten on your project or you can make something that shows elements from your house.
- Think in the line of shaped cards , Layouts with your house pictures , 3d Bird houses , Bird cages etc. (these are just examples, you are free to depict the theme any way you like.)
- Deadline to enter - until 11:55 PM IST on 31st August 2014.
I am trying to step out of my box more and do things in addition to my layouts. In my home we have lots to up cycle. I wanted to repurpose these sturdy strawberry containers.
After my project was complete I found another way to use these containers. They can be cut, sanded, colored, and baked to shrink for jewelry pieces!! In the past we have used them to start seeds. Since they are slotted they drain perfectly. But for today, I wanted something a little prettier...
I covered the top and inside with Prima papers. I used pink and black ribbon/tulle around the top and bottom portion.
Inside I placed a little frame and there is ample space to store pictures or any special item really!
I then added the Home Sweet Home sentiment from my silhouette and added a bit of lace and flowers!!
I hope you enjoyed my project share and I hope you will link up as well!!(Link is on original post)
We have our very generous sponsors back
4 sponge daubers
1 colorbox mini -frost white
1 Ranger perfect pearls