Saturday, March 28, 2015

BGC#66- Mixed Media with Bipasha !

Hello..Hello Helloo Wonderful bloggers!!! It's Bipasha with you here  :)
How have you been doing??
You all might have been enjoying our current challenge and March is already in its last week!!!!!
I  have been following all your creations linked to our Mr Linky tool for our ongoing challenge "Mixed Media".. and they all are soo mind-boggling! We are sure to have a very tough time deciding our BGC#66 winners ;)

So Mixed media it is this time! That is, creating a visual art using more than one medium. It has been always my favourite forte. I have been really interested in trying different art elements as well as inks to create dimensional artworks...and hence came up with a little inspiration for all you crafty people this weekend!

Let me first quickly walk you through the challenge guidelines ...

 Make a mixed media project using more than one medium (gesso, mist, ink, gel medium, texture paste, paint). It has to be visible in your work.

Mention what kind of medium you used in your post .
Your project must be new and must have been done after our challenge announcement.

Deadline to enter: 31th March 2015 until 11:55 PM IST.

N.B. Please go through the challenge guidelines carefully to qualify your entry for the challenge and who knows! You can be a winner and win amazing goodies from our generous sponsors!! 

Now onto my inspiration:

A mixed media card it is!



And here is the overall look:


RECIPE:
1.I used a plain off white card for the background. 
2.Glued two cut out paper pyramids from the gorgeous "Prima's Romance Novel" diagonally in two opposite corners.
3. Stamped and spattered  randomly in the mid region with the colour blooms, some beads, etc
4.Once I am happy with the BG, I started altering my elements to match my BG. I chalk painted the mdf frame into black and stamped a butterfly and some scripts onto it using Prima's white chalk ink. Also, I splattered randomly with my mahagony distress stain spray on the selected die-cuts.
5.Next, I glued down all the elements using  Prima's 3D gloss and yes! Its done :)

Mixed media ingredients: (mediums used)
Colour blooms, archival blank ink, chalkboard paint, chalk ink, distress stain spray, 3D gloss

Thanks for stopping by :)
Hope my creation inspires you and don't forget to play along with us here

Much love xx
Bipasha

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Bipasha,
    your project is very beautiful! I love all the elemnts you put on it, especially the butterflies (one of the things I love most making) and the tiny nest with eggs!
    Great work!

    Mariangela

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou!! Appreciate your comments!

Popular Posts