Hello crafty friends!!
I somehow have lost a day this week...... my kids told me the memory is the first to go!!
I hope this finds everyone well and in a crafty mood! Our current challenge is a great one and I hope to see what each of you can do with it!
Challenge Specification : (Please read carefully)
- Make either a CARD , LAYOUT , ALBUM or a 3D BOX (even altered boxes will do)
- Your project must have some sort of TORN element on it (Use torn papers, Foil, or torn fabric etc. )
- And your project must have a floral spray or a flower arrangement as a focal point of the creation !
- Over all your project must look full and the attention should go first to the flower spay or floral arrangement.
- Adding One or two flowers will not make the cut this time.
- The torn element has to be clearly visible
- Deadline to submit will be - 15th March 2014 until 11:55 PM
I would love to welcome our returning sponsor
Magnolia stamp - Tilda catching stars
Thank you again to our generous sponsors!
Here is my creation:This is a wall hanging for my pink lovin girlie-girl
I started with a 6 x 12" canvas. I layered old book pages and patterned papers and sealed them with modge podge. I let it dry overnight (actually 2) before I used the texture paste with a stencil. I also at this point added the texture paste to a large wooden heart for even more dimension.
After the texture paste dried (about 2- hours) I used the spray mists and drizzled the blue, green and pink ink down the canvas and heart. I used Heidi Swapp mists which were a little too intense for this project so I added a few sprays of water to help mute the colors and make them run a little.
I let the mist and water dry completely and then added her name and the flowers. I stamped on the smaller heart!
Well, I hope this sparks a little creativity if you haven't gotten started yet!! Remember to link your creations on the original post HERE!
Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!!